Bachelor of Arts
(Leadership) (Honours) accredited by CMI London
- 3 Years
(R/340/6/0586) 06/20 (A10974)
Find out more or Apply Now !
Let’s maintain social distancing.
Talk to our counselors – online.
TARSOG’s Bachelor of Arts (Leadership) (Honours) enhances leadership skills to create a people-centred environment from which leaders and employees of organisations and their clients will benefit. For those who are working in the public and private sectors and looking forward to improve their leadership skills or working towards becoming managers, this programme can help them achieve their goals. The uniqueness of this programme lies in its comprehensive coverage of the theories and models of leadership and management and the use of the case method as part and parcel of the teaching techniques in connecting the students with the real world problems and solutions.
This programme will produce future leaders who possess noble personalities and are able to inspire others to change and transform themselves and their organisations from good to great. Students will gain learning experience that allows them to adapt themselves to the changing demands of the industry and the global environment as they will be imbues with multidisciplinary knowledge and skills which will create in them an innovative, creative, critical and open mind.
TARSOG’s Bachelor of Arts (Leadership) (Honours) is a unique programme specifically designed for full-time students, and is a three-year programme by coursework. In the final semester, students will be required to undergo internships and research projects in recognised agencies or departments in the public, government and private sector which aims at integrating theory and practice and to improve their leadership, managerial and interpersonal skills.
Students will also be involved in organising related activities namely field trips, guest lectures, community development events, annual dinners and talks and recreational activities during the duration of the programme. All these practical activities will develop the students’ personalities, character, and managerial leadership qualities required for them to work effectively and efficiently in myriad organisations.
- To create effective and efficient managerial leaders in the public and private sectors.
- To give students a deep, practical understanding of the relationship and differences between management and leadership.
- To provide students with the skills and knowledge to lead, solve problems and make changes effectively.
- To enhance students’ interpersonal and communication skills to enable them to function effectively and efficiently and contribute to enhance the performance of the public and private organisations.
- To enhance their understanding of cross-cultural management practices so that they can lead in multicultural settings and organisations.
- To guide students in developing their skills in performing leadership roles.
- To provide adequate foundation work in subject areas that are fundamental to a liberal, professionally-oriented education and to prepare for career objectives including graduate work.
- To ensure development of analytical and quantitative abilities and skills for defining and solving problems relevant to the public sector.
Find out your qualification that matches to enter the programme.
A pass at the STPM level with a minimum of Grade Point of 2.00 in any TWO (2) subjects and a pass in Mathematics and English at SPM level; Note: The requirement for a PASS in Mathematics and English at the SPM level can be excluded if the candidate obtained a credit or higher grade at STPM.
A pass A-Level with a minimum of Gred D in any TWO (2) subjects, and pass in Mathematics and English at SPM level.
A pass at the Matriculation level, or Foundation or Pre-university with a minimum CGPA of 2.00 from an institution recognized by the Malaysian Government.
Sijil Tinggi Agama Malaysia (STAM)
A pass at the Sijil Tinggi Agama Malaysia (STAM) level with a minimum grade of Jayyid and a pass in Mathematics and English at SPM level; Note: The requirement for PASS in Mathematics and English at the SPM level can be excluded if the candidate obtained a credit or higher grade at STAM.
A pass at the UEC level with minimum of grade B in FIVE (5) subjects including a pass in Mathematics & English.
A Diploma with a minimum CGPA of 2.00 from universities/colleges recognized by the Malaysian Government.
International Baccalaureate (IB)
A pass at the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma level with minimum score of 30 points.
Other equivalent qualifications recognised by MQA/Malaysian Government • Diploma Kolej Vokasional (DVM) • Diploma Executive UM APEL (Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning)
IELTS 5.5/CEFR B1 or TOEFL PBT (410-413) or TOEFL IBT (34) or CAE (160) (Cambridge English: Advance)/CER B2 or CPE (180) (Cambridge English: Proficiency)/CEFR C1 or PTE (Person Test of English) (36) or a minimum of Grade C in First Cambridge English (FCE) minimum scale or MUET (Malaysian University English Test) (Band 3).
Successful attainment of FCE minimum of Grade C (162) conducted by the Centre for English Language (CEL) within 12 months from the date of entry with conditional offer letter.
The validity period for TOEFL and IELTS is TWO (2) years from the date of the award.
Find out the programme structure and the fees & funding for this programme.
This programme requires a total of 120 credits to complete and is divided into parts as follows:
General Courses by MOHE
- Tamadun Islam dan Tamadun Asia (TITAS)
- Hubungan. Etnik
- Malaysian Studies
- Thinking Skills / Bahasa Kebangsaan A
- Introduction to the Malaysian Constitution
- Melayu Komunikasi 2 (International)
- Co-curriculum (Professional
Event Management / Community
Engagement & Volunteering)
- Public Speaking 1
- Public Speaking 2
- Leadership and Management
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Leadership Development Skills and Group Dynamics
- Organizational Behaviour
- Organizational Leadership
- Theories and Models of Leadership
- Public Policy, Planning and Process
- Public Sector Management
- Malaysian Political and Legal System
- Leadership, Ethics and Governance
- Business and Government Relations
- Non-Governmental Organization and Management
- Negotiation and Conflict Management
- Leadership Brand
- Cross-cultural Management
- Leadership, Innovation and Change
- Principles of Microeconomics
- Introduction to Psychology
- Introduction to Public Administration and Service
- Introduction to Political Science
- Introduction to Sociology
- International Relations and Diplomacy
- Principles of Macroeconomics
- Malaysian Economy and Policy
- Issue in Globalization
- Development of Economics
- Research Methodology
- Introduction to Demography
- Innovation in Organization
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Introduction to Human Resource Management
- Future Studies
- Islamic. Leadership and Governance
- Research Project
*For enquiries on our programme fees, please contact our Marketing Department at 03 2730 7231 / 7053 / 7043 / 7184 / 7041 / 7046
Identify a great career opportunity
that is right for you.
- Economic research and consultancy
- Policy researcher
- Risk management
- Banking management
- Public sector management
- Public policy development
- Investment operation and management
You Might Be
Look for other programmes that you might be interested.